Understanding URL Paths will help you be informed on how to best manage and use domains within the system. You will need to have your domain(s) set up, and we have other tutorials that cover in-depth domain knowledge, DNS records, etc. to help you get started. Follow along below to learn specifically about URL paths and how to manage and use them within the system.
NOTE: Check out our other domain tutorials for how to create and manage domains, DNS records, and more. Follow along to learn some use case examples:
Step 1: How to Access and Edit Domains in the System
- Navigate to Settings > Domains.
- Here, you'll see the different domains that have been set up in this account.
- Click the edit icon next to any of them, and you will be able to view what default page the domain resolves to. You can set the main domain, without a path, to resolve to a specific home page. (For example, www.google.com takes you to the Google homepage while www.www.google.com/maps takes you to the map page. You could change the domain so www.google.com takes you to another page besides the home page, if desired.)
- Select any option for “Default Page” and save your changes.
Step 2: Updating URL paths in funnels
- Under Funnel Steps > Publishing, you can edit the path for a specific funnel step.
In this example, www.thedemoaccount.com/orderform would direct one to the Two-Step Order Form funnel step as shown below:
- Under Steps >Overview > click the edit icon.
- In the window that pops up, you can name the funnel page and create a path.
Overall, there are several ways you can have different URLs resolve to the same page or different pages. Whichever option you choose is up to you - so find the best option for your business and your funnel(s).